Update Election: 2014 DAMA Officers
DAMA International now has several new board members and appointed officers. The election slate of candidates is prepared by the election committee chair and contested seats are voted on by the DAMA Chapters. The following are the recently elected or appointed, new and returning DAMA International directors and officers:
In 2014 DAMA International has a new President. Sue Geuens, the former DAMA Vice President of Operations from the previous term, is the newly elected President. Sue is from South Africa DAMA Chapter.
Vice President of Operations
DAMA International has a new Vice President of Operations: Mike Jennings of the DAMA Wisconsin Chapter.
Vice President of Chapter Services
DAMA International has a new Vice President of Chapter Services: Missy Wittmann from the DAMA Wisconsin Chapter.
Vice President of Research & Education
Sanjay Shirude has been re-elected to the DAMA International Board as Vice President of Education. Sanjay is from the Puget Sound Chapter, Seattle, Washington.
VP Online Services
Dan Murphy is the newly elected Vice President of Online Services. Dan is from the Chicago DAMA Chapter.
Anne Marie Smith from the Philadelphia DAMA Chapter has been reappointed as DAMA Ethics Officer.
Congratulations DAMA Officers!
DAMA International AwardsDAMA International is also pleased to announce it has voted to award two of its four prestigious awards this year.
Award winners this year are in the following two categories:
Karen Lopez – Professional Achievement Award
To a member from the “industry” (business, discipline, specialist) who has made significant, demonstrable contributions to the IRM/DRM.
Susan Early – DAMA Community Award
To a member of the DAMA community who has gone beyond the call of volunteer service to enhance the efforts of providing exceptional benefits to the DAMA Membership.
They will receive the awards at the DAMA’s Enterprise Data World Conference. Congratulations Karen & Susan!
DAMA’s Conference, Enterprise Data World
This is DAMA’s 18th conference year in a row! Enterprise Data World, April 27-May 1, is recognized as the most comprehensive data management conference in the world. This is the very best conference of data management thought leaders around the world and takes place in Austin, Texas, this year. The DAMA member benefit for EDW this year is listed below.
You won’t want to miss this gathering of data management professionals!
- 8 simultaneous tracks with 120+ leading data experts and includes almost 40 customer case studies
- Registration now open.
- DAMA Benefit: $250 off all except single day, $50 off single day (Coupon Code: DAMA14)
About DAMA International
DAMA International is a not-for-profit, vendor independent association of technical and business professionals dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices for data resource management and enterprise information. The primary purpose of DAMA International is to promote the understanding, development and practice of managing data and information to support business strategies. DAMA International has chapters and members throughout the world.
- DAMA membership provides you with a network of data management professionals who share ideas and solutions to some of the most difficult issues in data management.
- DAMA Chapters provide cost-effective and local on-going training hours that can apply to re-certification requirements by the Institute for Computing Professionals for Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) and Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) designations.
- Chapter members receive vendor and training discounts provided to DAMA International by selected vendors and publishers.
- Chapters may bulk purchase DAMA International products such as the DAMA Dictionary and the DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge at discounted rates at DAMA-DMBOK.
If you are interested in data management, we want to meet you and help you grow in your chosen profession! To find a local DAMA chapter, go to the main website at www.dama.org and select “Chapter.”