Upcoming DAMA Member Discount Conferences
Data Modeling Zone’s Inaugural Data Modeling Conference offers a DAMA member discount of a $100. Also featured is a Pre-Conference Data Modeling Primer.
The DAMA UK Conference at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
- Choice of 5 conference tracks and 15 pre-conference workshops
- Delegates have the option of attending 1, 2 or 3 days of the event
- All delegates will receive a USB containing all workshop and conference presentations from the entire event
- Learn from leading practitioners, gain fresh insight and inspiration and network with your peers
- During the two conference days there will be an exhibition featuring the foremost vendors in Data Management, Information Quality and DW/BI
- Group booking discounts are also available
- Agile BI
- Big Data
- Data Virtualization
- Enterprise Search
- Future Trends
- Managing Data in the Cloud
- Mobile Business Intelligence
- Open Source BI/DW
- Social Media Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Data & Information Quality
- Data Architecture
- Data Management
- Data Modeling
- Data Warehouse
- Data/Information Governance
- Enterprise DW/BI
- Information Architecture
- Information Quality
- Data Strategy
- Data Visualization
- Collaborative BI
- Digital Reductionism
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Data Model
- IT & the Business
- Unstructured and Semi-Structured Data
Data Modeling Conference, Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore Harbor Waterfront
- Contains 4 tracks and a combination of half-day and 75-minute sessions from fundamental to advanced levels
- Develop an understanding of data modeling concepts, techniques, and approaches
- Learn how data modeling connects to key business initiatives such as compliance, agility, and strategy
- Fine tune your relational and dimensional modeling and data vault skills
- Take a hands on PowerDesigner®, ERwin Data Modeler®, or ER/Studio® course
- Master a new modeling notation, such as UML, ORM, and FCO-IM
- Apply techniques such as surrogate keys, subtyping, encoding schemes, abstraction, and visualization
- Leverage enterprise data models, canonical models, and industry data models
- The is a Pre-Conference Data Modeling Primer with Steve Hoberman
Upcoming DAMA Conferences summarized below. For more information: www.dama.org.
Data Management & Information Quality Europe 2012 &
Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Conference Europe 2012
November 5-7, London
Data Model Zone 2012 Inaugural Data Modeling Conference
This is the Data Model Zone inaugural conference. Four tracks with a combination of half-day and 75-minute sessions on data modeling concepts and approaches on relational and dimensional modeling. Master new notations such as UML, ORM, FCO-IM and how to leverage enterprise and industry data models.
Data Governance Winter Conference
December 3-5, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Tutorials and workshops, practitioner lessons-learned panels, keynotes and real world case studies including presentations from submitters and winners of the prestigious Data Governance Best Practice Award. Sessions designed for experienced data governance professionals as well as beginners.
DMBOK2 Announcement* News
DAMA International DMBOK2 effort is currently underway.
Finalized Framework paper available now!
Get your Free Copy: www.dama.org
The NEW DMBOK2 Functional Areas ‘Wheel’
Knowledge Areas are now referred to as Functional Areas. Each has a chapter dedicated to it. As in the first edition, all Areas have Sections to cover increased detail:
- “Data Design” is renamed “Data Modeling and Design”
- “Data Operations” is renamed “Data Storage”
- “Data Integration and Interoperability” is a new Knowledge Area to highlight its emerging importance in the field
- “Documents and Content” has changed locations in the context diagram to before the activities that involve integration, to highlight its increasing importance as part of the scope of data to integrate, analyze and interoperate.
- Data Governance is positioned as a unifying theory for all Data Management. In addition to Data Governance special position in the DAMA-DMBOK as this overarching topic, Data Governance is also a Section at end of each chapter describing particular Data Governance activities and data governance Environmental Aspects for that Knowledge Area.
- The Functional Areas Context Diagram has changed, adding more details.
- Some topics may also have changed locations (e.g., Ethics has moved from Professional Development to Data Governance) and new topics have been added (e.g., data in a cloud).
- Each Functional Area has a chapter; however, there now are Sections to organize the subtopics within chapters.
There will be a concordance between DAMA-DMBOK 1 and 2 for readers in the full version of the book.
FRAMEWORK COMMENT DRAFT – APRIL 30th 2012, comment period ended June 30 2012
FRAMEWORK FINAL DRAFT – AUGUST 2012
FULL DMBOK2 OPEN REVIEW PERIOD – APRIL 2013
FULL PUBLICATION will be available in Q4 2013.
- DAMA membership provides you with a network of data management professionals who share ideas and solutions to some of the most difficult issues in data management.
- DAMA Chapters provide cost-effective and local ongoing training hours that can apply to re-certification requirements by the Institute for Computing Professionals for Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) and Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) designations.
- Chapter members receive vendor and training discounts provided to DAMA International by selected vendors and publishers.
- Chapters may bulk purchase DAMA International products such as the DAMA Dictionary and the DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge at discounted rates at DAMA-DMBOK.
- If you are interested in data management, we want to meet you and help you grow in your chosen profession! To find a local DAMA chapter, go to the main website at www.dama.org and select Chapter.
* DAMA DMBOK2 Announcement: Section taken from the DAMA Corner August, 2012. Authors of this portion of the article: Deborah Henderson, DAMA Foundation President at DAMA and DMBOK2 Sponsor, and Lisa Pazzano, DMBOK2 Marketing Communications Manager.