Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK2) Update
DAMA International, the sponsors of “The DAMA Guide to the Data Management Body of Knowledge” (DAMA-DMBOK Guide) have been diligently working on the “DMBOK2” project. Here is the original DMBOK wheel and the listed changes planned for the second release. There will be a new wheel and changes will be implemented into the DAMA Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP). The CDMP is based on the DMBOK and is one of the most widely recognized certifications for data management professionals.
|AN OVERVIEW OF CHANGES:
We will be supplying a Concordance between DAMA-DMBOK 1 and 2 for readers in the full version of the book.
Draft chapters DMBOK2 OPEN REVIEW PERIOD – Starting Q2 2014
FULL PUBLICATION will be available in 2015.
New Event DAMA Sponsored Coffee at Data Governance 2014 Summer Conference
DAMA International sponsored its first coffee at the DAMA endorsed 2014 Data Governance Conference in San Diego, California. The event was the first time DAMA has been requested to sponsor a coffee. It was a good promotional opportunity for the DAMA organization of data management professionals. Sanjay Shirude, Vice President of Education at DAMA International and Denis Kosar, President of the New York DAMA Chapter, were available to answer questions about DAMA,membership, chapters and professional certification.
All the DAMA brochures and pens were picked by various participants. Many people asked about DMBOK2, We were able get some reviewers for DMBOK 2 and some queries came in on DAMA chapters. This was a great conference and people had interest in DAMA and the CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional).
DAMA Marketing and Communications Committee
A Marketing and Communications Committee is forming to help with DAMA International promotions and events. There are many volunteer opportunities to help out with marketing conferences and events including writing and marketing material and social media. Also, if you are a marketing or communication vice president of a DAMA chapter the committee will be organizing a community forum and we invite you to join to help us collaborate and share ideas. If you would like to volunteer for this committee, please contact the author at contact link below.
DAMA Endorsed Conferences
| Data Modeling Zone, Oct 20-22, 2014, Portland, OR
Conferences with DAMA Member Discount
· DAMA Benefit: 10% off (Coupon Code: DAMAI10)
DAMA International is a not-for-profit, vendor independent association of technical and business professionals dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices for data resource management and enterprise information. The primary purpose of DAMA International is to promote the understanding, development and practice of managing data and information to support business strategies. DAMA International has chapters and members throughout the world.
- DAMA membership provides you with a network of data management professionals who share ideas and solutions to some of the most difficult issues in data management.
- DAMA Chapters provide cost-effective and local on-going training hours that can apply to re-certification requirements by the Institute for Computing Professionals for Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) and Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) designations.
- Chapter members receive vendor and training discounts provided to DAMA International by selected vendors and publishers.
- Chapters may bulk purchase DAMA International products such as the DAMA Dictionary and the DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge at discounted rates at DAMA-DMBOK .
- If you are interested in data management, we want to meet you and help you grow in your chosen profession! To find a local DAMA chapter, go to the main website at www.dama.org and select Chapter.
DAMA Corner article compiled by Lisa Nelson, VP Communications & Marketing, CDMP, DAMA International.