Your interest and participation is greatly appreciated. If you are not a current member of DAMA, please read the following section to learn about a group of professionals who have the same interests as you. But if you know us, please proceed on to the Update and For Members, By Members.
DAMA International is a not-for-profit, vendor independent association of technical and business professionals dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices for data resource management and enterprise information. The primary purpose of DAMA International is to promote the understanding, development, and practice of managing data and information to support business strategies. DAMA International has chapters and members throughout the world.
- DAMA membership provides you with a network of data management professionals who share ideas and solutions to some of the most difficult issues in data management.
- DAMA Chapters provide cost-effective and local on-going training hours that can apply to re-certification requirements by the Institute for Computing Professionals for Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) and Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) designations.
- Chapter members receive vendor and training discounts provided to DAMA International by selected vendors and publishers.
- Chapter members are given to receive the member discount for DAMA International products such as the DAMA Dictionary and the forthcoming DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge.
If you are interested in data, we want to meet you and help you grow in your chosen profession! To find a local DAMA chapter, go to the main website at www.dama.org and select Chapter.
The DAMA International Board of Directors is elected from the board members and past board members of local chapters on a schedule outlined in our by-laws. The results of this year’s elections are as follows:
|VP of Chapter Services||Jim Goetsch||Wisconsin|
|VP of Communications||Peter Aiken|| Central
| VP of Conference
|VP of Industry Services||Ingrid Hunt|| San
|VP of Marketing|| Loretta
|VP of Operations|| Andres
| Heart of
| Chairman of
In addition to our Advisor Emeritus, John Zachman, the following special positions with DAMA have been filled:
|Advisor to the Board||Len Silverston|
|Advisor to the Board||Anne Marie Smith|
|Advisor to the Board||Ben Hu|
Have you looked at the DAMA website lately? At www.dama.org you will see changes in both format and content.
- We have added Networking Opportunities to highlight DAMA presence in social networking sites such as LinkedIn, Plaxo, and Facebook to help our membership connect with each other.
- The Career Center is actively being used by companies advertising jobs in data management or related fields.
- The News shows the most recent training opportunities and discounts for DAMA Members
Ongoing education is critical to maintain data management skills. Together with Wilshire Associates, DAMA is co-sponsoring the Enterprise Data World. It is the most comprehensive educational conference in our field. The conference features a large number of presentations and case studies that are directly applicable to your current projects. You can network with experts in the field who can provide advice on some of your current sticking points. Many of the technical presentations provide specific techniques for lowering costs, streamlining processes, or dealing with governance issues. If you need current information for projects such as SOA, MDM, Data Integration, Semantics, Metadata, then Enterprise Data World an opportunity to cover all those topics in one place.
DAMA-Data Management Body of Knowledge
The DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge special project is on target for delivery at the Enterprise Data World More than 80 members of DAMA have contributed their experience and best practices to the development of this resource. The equivalent of the PMBOK or the BABOK, the DAMA-DMBOK offers the learnings from real-world experience to individuals and organizations who are looking for a framework that will help them manage and grow their data architecture.
It will be available in CD format April 2009 for a cost of $54.95 for the one CD, and can be purchased with the DAMA Dictionary of Data Management as a 2 CD set for around $80. You can find out more about DAMA DMBOK on the web at DAMA website for DAMA-DMBOK.
By Members, For Members – The Sounding Board
One of DAMA International’s objectives is to help DRM/IRM practitioners by educating corporate management, demonstrating how information and data asset management affects corporate performance. The challenge we have is finding the most effective way to achieve this goal.
We have decided to run a series of small surveys to gather information from you about the most effective touchpoints for us to leverage to educate your corporate management. Each of these surveys is design to be small and highly focused.
The first survey only 3 questions:
- What is the primary industry for your company?
- What are one or two of the publications that your technology managers read on a regular basis?
- What are one or two of the publications that your business managers read on a regular basis?
Please share! SurveyMonkey Touchpoints Survey
Comments and suggestions are welcome!
Give us feedback by selecting this link: DAMA Comments.