Date(s) - 12/15/2022
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The question is asked all the time: “What part of the organization should own your Data Governance program?” The typical answers are “the business” and “IT (information technology).” Another answer to that question is “Yes.” The program must be owned and reside somewhere in the organization. You may ask yourself if there is a correct answer to the question.
Join this new RWDG webinar with Bob Seiner where Bob will answer the question that is the title of this webinar. Determining ownership of Data Governance is a vital first step. Figuring out the appropriate part of the organization to manage the program is an important second step. This webinar will help you address these questions and more.
In this session Bob will share:
- What is meant by “the business” when it comes to owning Data Governance
- Why some people say that Data Governance in IT is destined to fail
- Examples of IT positioned Data Governance success
- Considerations for answering the question in your organization
- The final answer to the question of who should own Data Governance